Fishing on a spring weekday morning is pure delight. Add a jet ski from the best jet ski manufacturer to the mix, and you’ve brought the game to a whole other level!
Are You Prepared To Try Your Hand At Jet Ski Fishing?
Consider the following while looking for a jet ski:
- Jet ski fishing requires a model with a large, deep, and stable hull. This will help you keep your balance while reeling them in.
- They seek engine versions with at least (or near to) 180 horsepower. It will swiftly and efficiently transport you towards where you like to be in the sea. Also, make sure to buy a dock for your jet ski from a good floating dock manufacturer.
- You want a model that gets great gas mileage and saves you money on gas. Nobody wants to be stuck ten miles from the nearest land!
- Jet ski gear and accessories – see what extras are included with the jet ski. A bunch of the fishing equipment will most likely have to be bought individually.
- Jet skis come in a broad range of prices, so if money is an issue, do your research to find models that meet your budget.
Choosing The Best Jet Skis For Fishing
The following are the most common and greatest jet skis for catching fishes:
1. Sea-Doo Jet Ski For Fishing
It’s made specifically for the job. For almost 25 years, Sea-Doo has been developing and enhancing its PWC series. Sea-Doo released a specialist fishing PWC, the Sea-Doo Fish Pro, which is a new addition to their usual line of jet skis. This brand is known for manufacturing the best quality jet skis.
It adds additional elements for your fishing trip, such as:
- Water, snacks, sunscreen, and tackle can all be stored in the front storage space.
- A watertight phone box keeps your phone safe while riding.
- 170 horsepower naturally aspirated engine for maximum performance, efficiency, and dependability.
- There are two types of attachment locations for your cooler and fishing gear.
- A wide and robust hull that allows you to stand while fishing.
- A larger rear deck to hold all of your fishing equipment.
- Rod holders, coolers, waterproof boxes, and fuel caddies are just a few of the accessories available from Sea-Doo for every one of your fishing wants.
2. Kawasaki Jet Ski For Fishing
Out of the three top jet ski makers, Kawasaki has the best line of jet skis.
That does not, however, rule them out of the fishing game. Its Ultra LX variant is suitable for fishing.
It offers plenty of storage space for all of your fishing equipment, as well as a broad hull that keeps you from swaying when you’re standing.
The Kawasaki Ultra LX-F, which is built on the Ultra LX type and is made specifically for fishing, was launched in 2018; however, it is not now part of Kawasaki’s PWC series.
For the time being, Kawasaki’s Ultra LX is the best choice, so you’ll have to put all of your fishing equipment and any extra space on your own.
Jet Ski Fishing Gadgets You Must Have
If you’re fishing with a jet ski, keep the following items in mind to make the event as enjoyable as possible.
1. Rod Holder For A Jet Ski
To run a jet ski securely, you’ll need to have a rod holder to keep your fishing rod safe while you’re on the water. There are different sorts of jet ski fishing pole holders – display mount, rear seat, and footwell – and several mounting options for them on your PWC
2. Jetski Fishing Rack
If you’ve got a lot of equipment or are taking over more than one fishing rod, a jetski fishing hook is a good investment. These aluminium frames attach to your jet ski’s back porch and can carry up to six fishing poles, a tackle box, a cooler, and other items.
You’ll need a cooler to store your catch, as well as any drinks or snacks. A cooler with a fish rack is great for fishing on a jet ski and serves as a dual-purpose freezer.
If you don’t want to float, an anchor will hold your jet ski in position once you’ve found a good fishing site. This is particularly true when swimming in the ocean or areas with strong currents.
5. GPS And Fish Tracker
If you’re going fishing in the open sea, a GPS & Fish Finder combo is a must-have equipment. There are many good GPS/fish detector pairs on the market, like Garmin and Raymarine.
Several jet ski companies make canopy-like add-on equipment that can provide shade when sitting in the sun for long periods. Third-party versions are also available. It’s necessary if you want to fish from a jet ski without getting burnt.
You can also check the frequently asked questions to get a clear idea about this.
Is Fishing With Jet Skis A Good Idea?
Latest jet ski models feature larger cores than older ones and are much more sturdy in the water. Because of their larger hulls, they are excellent choices for fishing.
Jet skis for fishing have the virtue of being compact and easy to handle, making them ideal for drifting and troll fishing. You can also try your hands at small-scale fish farming. However, the jet skis have some drawbacks:
- Even though most PWCs can carry three people, fishing with a jet ski is normally done alone.
- There is a certain amount of storage space. Even if your jet ski comes with a freezer, you’ll have far less storage room than you would on a boat.
- Exposure to the sunlight and weather. If you go out onto the water all day, exercise caution because jet skis leave you exposed to the weather.
If you do have a PWC, you’ll only need a fishing rod holder, rack, and freezer to get started. If you’re thinking about getting a jet ski just for fishing, bide your time studying and testing several models to be certain you’ve found the ideal fit.
You always can get a jet ski to get a feel for it first. You may not go away fishing from the seashore or a boat when you get the hang of it! Contact us to buy the best jet ski for fishing.